Monday, October 31, 2016

HW Mr. Padilla 10.31.16

Homework: Dear parents/guardians, please assist your child with today’s homework.

Option 3:  Read the passage and answer questions that follow. Write complete sentences and uss exampes from the reading to support your responses.

WHEN I STEPPED OUT into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home. I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman--- he looks tough and I don't--- but I guess my own looks aren't so bad. I have light-brown, almost-red hair and greenish-gray eyes. I wish they were more gray, because I hate most guys that have green eyes, but I have to be content with what I have. My hair is longer than a lot of boys wear theirs, squared off in back and long at the front and sides, but I am a greaser and most of my neighborhood rarely bothers to get a haircut. Besides, I look better with long hair.

1.      What was Ponyboy thinking and wishing when he stepped into the bright sunlight?

2        What did he wish?

1.      How did he feel about his own looks?

2.      How does Ponyboy describe himself?

3.      How does he feel about green eyes?

Option 2: Read the passage and answer questions that follow. Write complete sentences and uss exampes from the reading to support your responses.

WHEN I STEPPED OUT into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home. I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman… but I guess my own looks aren't so bad. I have light-brown, almost-red hair and greenish-gray eyes. I wish they were more gray, because I hate most guys that have green eyes… My hair is longer than a lot of boys … long at the front and sides, but I am a greaser and most of my neighborhood rarely bothers to get a haircut. Besides, I look better with long hair.

1.      Where was Ponyboy when he stepped into the bright sunlight?
2.      What was he thinking and wishing?

3.      What does Ponyboy look like?
4.      What does he feel about guys with green eyes?

Option 1 : Read the passage and answer questions that follow. Write complete sentences and uss exampes from the reading to support your responses.

Ponyboy says:
WHEN I STEPPED OUT into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home.
1. Where was Ponyboy when he stepped out?
2.What did he have in his mind?

I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman… but I guess my own looks aren't so bad.
3. What did he wish?

I have light-brown, almost-red hair and greenish-gray eyes. … My hair is longer than a lot of boys … long at the front and sides,
4. What does Pony boy look like?


Espanol: : Lea el pasaje y responder a las preguntas que siguen. Escribir oraciones completas y exampes uss de la lectura para apoyar sus respuestas.

Cuando salí a la luz del sol brillante de la oscuridad de la sala de cine, que tenía sólo dos cosas en la cabeza: Paul Newman y un viaje a casa. Estaba deseando que me parecía a Paul Newman ... pero supongo que mis miradas no son tan malas. Tengo de color marrón claro, cabello casi-rojo y los ojos de color verde grisáceo. Me gustaría que fueran más gris, porque no me gusta la mayoría de los chicos que tienen ojos verdes ... Mi pelo es más largo que un montón de chicos ... siempre en la parte frontal y los lados, pero yo soy un engrasador y la mayor parte de mi barrio rara vez se molesta en conseguir un corte de pelo . Además, me veo mejor con el pelo largo.

1. Cuando era Ponyboy cuando entró en la luz del sol?
2. ¿Qué estaba pensando y deseando?
3. ¿Qué Ponyboy parece?
4. ¿Cómo se siente acerca de los chicos con los ojos verdes?



Parent signature____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

HW Mr. Padilla 6.26.18

Dear parents/guardians, It was a pleasure working with your child this academic school year 2017-18.    For those of you not attending s...