Monday, November 23, 2015

HW Mr. Padilla 11-24-15


Dear parent/guardian: 
Please assist your child with today's homework. Your child should read one of the passages below and choose a task option. 

Page 40

* "You read a lot, don't you, Ponyboy?" Cherry asked.
I was startled. "Yeah. Why?"
She kind of shrugged. "I could just tell. I'll bet you watch sunsets, too." She was quiet for a minute after I nodded. "I used to watch them, too, before I got so busy..."
I pictured that, or tried to. Maybe Cherry stood still and watched the sun set while she was supposed to be taking the garbage out. Stood there and watched and forgot everything else until her big brother screamed at her to hurry up. I shook my head. It seemed funny to me that the sunset she saw from her patio and, the one I saw from the back steps was the same one. Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset.


** "You read a lot, don't you, Ponyboy?" Cherry asked.
I was startled. "Yeah. Why?"
She kind of shrugged. "I could just tell. I'll bet you watch sunsets, too." She was quiet for a minute … "I used to watch them, too, before I got so busy..."
I pictured that… Maybe Cherry stood still and watched the sun set while she was supposed to be taking the garbage out. Stood there and watched and forgot everything else until her big brother screamed at her to hurry up. .. It seemed funny to me that the sunset she saw from her patio and, the one I saw from the back steps was the same one. Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset.

*** She … shrugged. "… I'll bet you watch sunsets, too." She was quiet for a minute … "I used to watch them, too, before I got so busy..."
… Maybe Cherry stood still and watched the sun set while she was supposed to be taking the garbage out... It seemed funny to me that the sunset she saw from her patio and, the one I saw from the back steps was the same one. Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset.

Option 1: Based on today’s readings: Explain why different social classes should focus on commonialities (the things we share in common) over our differences. Do you think this would work? Explain why or why not. (write 5-7 sentences). Give examples from the readings.

Option 2: KWL: Write a paragraph in which you share the following:
What you knew about the topic of: How can finding commonalities help bridge social divide? 
What you learned about the topic?
How can you use this information in real life?

Option 3:
1.    What are Ponyboy and Cherry talking about?
Pony boy and Cherry are
2.    What seemed funny to Ponyboy?
It seemed funny t
3.    What conclusion does Pony make?
Ponyboy makes the conclusion


Option 4: You are an expert on helping people of different social groups overcome their differences. Draw a cover for a CD or a newspaper or poster with messages to help people spread your message.  


Parent, please sign______________________________________
Comments: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HW Mr. Padilla 6.26.18

Dear parents/guardians, It was a pleasure working with your child this academic school year 2017-18.    For those of you not attending s...