Thursday, June 23, 2016

HW Mr. Padilla 6.23.16


Parents/guardians, please assist your child with today's homework.

Option 1:

1.   According to Christopher, how are people like computers?

2. Who killed Wellington?

3. How did Mr. Boone explain Wellington’s death?

 
4. Why is Christopher so determined to leave his father?

5. If you were in the same situation, what would you do?







Option 2;
It’s like computers.  People think computers are different from people because they don’t have minds.  But the mind is just a complicated machine.

1.   How are people different from computers?


The bloody dog was crazy after that operation.  Nice one moment and sink its teeth into your leg the next.  So Mrs. Shears slams the door behind me and Wellington’s waiting for me.  I killed Wellington, Christopher.

2.   Who killed Wellington?


I had to get out of the house.  Father had murdered Wellington.  That meant he could murder me, because I couldn’t trust him, even though he had said “Trust me,” because he had told a lie about a big thing.

3.   Why did Christopher want to leave his father?



4.   What would you do if you were Christopher?



Option 3:

It’s like computers.  People think computers are different from people because they don’t have minds.  But the mind is just a complicated machine.

1.   How are people different from computers?




I had to get out of the house.  Father had murdered Wellington.  That meant he could murder me, because I couldn’t trust him, even though he had said “Trust me,” because he had told a lie about a big thing.

2.   Why did Christopher want to leave his father?

Parent signature_____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

HW Mr. Padilla 6.26.18

Dear parents/guardians, It was a pleasure working with your child this academic school year 2017-18.    For those of you not attending s...